43. A Chesapeake, Virginia man is charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of a police officer, after his home was raided on a tip that he was growing a large amount of marijuana. Ryan Frederick claims to have fired in self-defense, not knowing the intruder was a cop. And while [...]
Going forward, I shall refer to the day on which I prepare my family’s tax return, which this year falls on January 30, as Fuck Milton Friedman Day.
Friedman, for all of his great contributions to economic theory and advocacy of the free market, was also instrumental in developing the Federal government’s [...]
31. Minnesota-born Thomas Warziniack is detained for weeks by Immigration and Customs Enforcement because they mistakenly believe he’s an illegal Russian immigrant. I know, I know, mistakes are made, all in the name of national security.
32. An air traveler passes through security at Reagan National Airport with a [...]
16. People on the street are slapped with emergency jury-duty summonses in Greeley, Colo. after less than 40 of 200 people summoned by mail show up at court. People who refused to comply would have faced contempt of court citations.
17. State troopers in Minnesota permanently subdue a man [...]
6. Texas expands its forced blood-draw program, where motorists accused of driving under the influence can be compelled to give blood samples, with police officers using force if necessary.
5. So if you don’t want your kid to go to the hospital after taking a spill, and you’re one of those weird “constitutionalist” cranks, expect the SWAT team to bust down your door, throw you and your wife to the floor, and take your kid at gunpoint to the hospital.
1. Slogan of the newest graduating class of the Idaho Police Officer Standards and Training Academy: “Don’t suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it.” Well, at least they’re honest about it now.
2. You know the TSA is doing its job, not because it’s finding bombs sneaked into [...]
Share This Site
- Electric vehicle sales keep shorting out — The Libertarian Standard on Electric vehicle sales keep shorting out
- Do it for the children (and troubled pop stars) | The Libertarian Standard on Do it for the children (and troubled pop stars)
- Crish Bronze on The price others pay for our “freedoms”
- jen on About
- Robert Nef on Mandate. You keep using that word.