5. So if you don’t want your kid to go to the hospital after taking a spill, and you’re one of those weird “constitutionalist” cranks, expect the SWAT team to bust down your door, throw you and your wife to the floor, and take your kid at gunpoint to the hospital.
Authorities said they had reason to believe Shiflett mistreated his 11-year-old son, Jon, by failing to provide him proper medical care for a head injury. But Shiflett says his privacy and his rights were invaded, and that he has the right and the skill to treat his son himself. Shiflett, 62, said he served as a medic in Vietnam during the Tet Offensive. . . .
Speaking about the incident from his home in the Apple Tree Park on Monday, Shiflett was very upset. Perhaps most offensive, Shiflett said, was that law enforcement didn’t announce there was a warrant before breaking into his home south of New Castle.
“I would have let them in,” he said. “It was traumatic to my children, and it’s unnecessary.”
His spouse, Tina, and his six of 10 kids who are still at home were shocked at the manner of entry. Tina said law enforcement, wearing masks, broke down their door with a battering ram and pointed guns in her children’s faces.
“They didn’t need to bash into my home and slam my kids to the floor,” Tina said, adding later, “I think they get a kick out of this.”
Yes, they do get a kick out of this, the sick bastards. Cops act as little more than thugs with badges, working for the stolen loot of the criminal state. These are the people who “serve and protect” you.
And the sheriff’s rationale for sending a SWAT team on what amounts to a welfare check?
The sheriff said . . . the father was a “self-proclaimed constitutionalist” and had made threats and “comments” over the years.
However, the sheriff declined to provide a single instance of the father’s illegal behavior. “I can’t tell you specifically,” he said.
So you can now expect the cops to treat you differently based on your political views, especially if they’re considered radical or “dangerous”.
Oh, and the guy’s son? He’s fine; the doctor told him to take Tylenol and apply ice to the bruises.
Share This Site
- Electric vehicle sales keep shorting out — The Libertarian Standard on Electric vehicle sales keep shorting out
- Do it for the children (and troubled pop stars) | The Libertarian Standard on Do it for the children (and troubled pop stars)
- Crish Bronze on The price others pay for our “freedoms”
- jen on About
- Robert Nef on Mandate. You keep using that word.