So my neighborhood King Soopers has been dramatically expanded – nearly doubled in size, spacious new bakery/deli/meat/produce departments, new Starbucks, the works. Apparently, to pay for all this, they’ve had to cut back on some services, like providing cashier checkout after 9:30 pm. Which I didn’t learn about until after [...]
A perfect example of the depths of collectivist stupidity to which California governments have plunged:
The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to raise fines to up to $1,000 for anyone who throws a football or a Frisbee on any beach [...]
158. A pistol-packin’ granny caps a would-be mugger in Manhattan and gets sued for her trouble.
159. Puppycide in Buffalo during a police raid that fails to turn up any drugs or make any arrests.
160. Maricopa County (Ariz.) Sheriff Joe Arpaio, no friend of fugitives, illegal immigrants or [...]
A little triage: New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson signed a bill to repeal the state’s death penalty. And California Representative Maxine Waters has introduced a bill to end mandatory minimum sentencing for Federal drug offenses.
The Daily Cuts:
Attorney General Eric Holder has clarified the new administration’s medical marijuana policy (see #145) by stating that the DEA will only go after pot dealers who violate both state and Federal law; i.e., anyone not sanctioned by a state where medical marijuana is legal. So dispensaries in California and [...]
143. Homer, Louisiana police chief Russell Mills, after one of his officers shot and killed a 73-year-old mute black man:
“If I see three or four young black men walking down the street, I have to stop them and check their names,” said Mills, who is white. “I want them to be [...]
I spent some more time today reading through the grand jury report on Danieal Kelly’s murder, alternating between sorrow for this doomed youngster and seething anger at those who failed her.
It starts with her parents, of course. Neither wanted her; Danieal’s mother, Andrea Kelly, seemed embarrassed to even have her around. [...]
The state, to serve and protect our children:
Two Philadelphia social workers were among nine charged yesterday in the death of a Danieal Kelly, a 14-year-old girl who starved to death in 2006, her body eaten by bed sores to the bone.
Unveiling a blistering grand jury report today [...]
He cites an unnamed source who claims that a second informant was involved in the break-in of Frederick’s home that ultimately led to the deadly no-knock raid:
Last week I received a tip [...]
Share This Site
- Electric vehicle sales keep shorting out — The Libertarian Standard on Electric vehicle sales keep shorting out
- Do it for the children (and troubled pop stars) | The Libertarian Standard on Do it for the children (and troubled pop stars)
- Crish Bronze on The price others pay for our “freedoms”
- jen on About
- Robert Nef on Mandate. You keep using that word.